The Talent team at Wayfair plays a critical role: we support our 20,000+ employees as individuals, members of teams, and as part of Wayfair. We are committed to enhancing productivity by promoting employee welfare and inclusion, fostering collaboration and innovation, and driving professional growth and retention. Our best-in-class Talent team is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to help achieve this mission with our centralized, virtual Talent Employee Support Center that provides Talent (Human Resources) Management support to all Wayfair employees.
As an influential and integral member of the Talent team, you will be tasked with driving and providing strategic input to Talent workstreams, sharing insight and advice with respect to project planning as the Talent team grows and scales, understanding and driving federal and state/provincial employment laws, coaching and development of team members, analysis of employee trends, training and more.
What You’ll Do
- Understand, engage with eligible employees on, render decisions, and administer federal and state/provincial leaves of absence (ex: FMLA, OFLA, CFRA) within compliance of applicable laws and regulations
- Understand, engage with eligible employees and stakeholders on, render decisions, and administer reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) within compliance of applicable laws and regulations
- Advise leaders and partners regarding legal and regulatory compliance of FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, etc.
- Provide expert and objective advice, coaching, and counsel to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution, change management, and organizational development while effectively mitigating business and company risk.
- Partner with Senior Leadership on strategic planning, and provide guidance on employee and business trends that impact team processes and policies
- Analyze data to identify trends, provide insights and make recommendations to stakeholders and cross-functional partners to develop solutions that improve business results.
- Manage and develop direct reports (if applicable)
- Work cross-functionally to drive department specific projects and initiatives
- Maintain agility and prioritize workflow to adapt to other projects and responsibilities as assigned to meet the business needs
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years in a dedicated Human Resources (HR) role with 2+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of experience in the compliance management and administration of federal and state/provincial medical leaves of absence (ex: FMLA, OFLA, CFRA, NY PFL), and accommodations under the ADA
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred – equivalent experience and proven results in HR Management, FMLA, and ADA will also be strongly considered
- Ability to build productive relationships and influence all levels of the organization
- Service orientation with a consultative lens
- Ability to analyze, interpret, manipulate data as it relates to the HR function
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.