In this role you will take live chats from customers, working to resolve customer concerns and assist with product knowledge, as well as reservation and rental assistance. We may need to work hand in hand with other team members to craft an acceptable solution for the customer’s concern. Live chat agents are also expected to assist customers with product suggestions, as well as offer additional products and services to existing customers.
U-Haul offers its Customer Service Live Chat Agents:
- Paid Education!
- Customer Service and Contact Center career path options after 6 months of service
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties right away while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one, and self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online. This position does require you to follow the education path for phone agents first. This means you will be taking phone calls to assist customers for 6-12 weeks to ensure you learn the fundamentals of our products and procedures.
Customer Service Agent Minimum Qualifications:
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- The ability to type 50 wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as comprehension skills
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- Must be available between the following times, based on Arizona time.
- 6 am-8 pm -need availability within this time frame
- Must have 10 hours of availability on the weekends
- Working holidays is required. We are open 365 days a year and this department is staffed 24 hours a day.
A note about how we schedule: We schedule based on customer demand (customer-centric scheduling). You might be scheduled less hours during some weeks and more during others depending on your availability.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Base pay increases as you learn and perform additional job duties.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
You will be required to provide a USB headset for this position.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Have a web cam for use interacting with your manager. Not for use with customers.
- Have minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at http://uhaul.speedtestcustom.com/.
- Be sure to click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Windows or Mac OS allowed;
- If Windows then Windows 10 is required.
- If Mac then Mojave or newer is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
- Minimum processor requirement for Mac: Core i5 processor or greater.
- To find processor name – open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report.
- Windows OS Users should have the following installed:
- Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer). Important: If new install uncheck the option to install McAfee anti-virus.
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer is preferred).
- Mac OS Users should have the following installed:
- MacOS Preview (should be pre-installed on Mac OS).
- Web browsers: Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome (Chrome is preferred).
- Once hired install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software.
- Use of a Wi-Fi is permitted if it meets all security-related criteria. If security requirements are not met and/or Wi-Fi is determined to cause tech difficulty a hard-wired connection will be required.
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Windows: XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems.
- Mac: High Sierra or older operating systems.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the team member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided antivirus