Virtual Marketing/Administrative Assistant
- Employment Type: Part-time
- Job Location: Remote
- Working Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10 am – 4 pm Pacific Time
- Base Salary: $15-$18 Per hour
We are looking for a Virtual Assistant to join our team of email marketing rockstars. You’ll work closely with the owner, as well as other managers in coordination with various marketing and administrative projects and tasks.
This is a remote, part-time contractor role. Our office hours are 10 am to 4 pm (Pacific) Monday–Thursday. You can do your work around your schedule but you’ll need to be reachable for live video meetings and project assignments during those hours.
Yes! We take three-day weekends EVERY week.
The overall mission of this role is to help us meet our sales goals and you would have a variety of tasks in helping us get there. Many of these tasks will require your competence in several internet-related applications, which you will either bring to the table or be able to quickly master. If you’re not extremely all-things-internet savvy, this role is not for you.
Who’s right for this role, and who’s not:
This role is a long-term part-time contracting role. We’re looking for someone to become part of our team. If you’re looking for a side gig to your other side gig, temporary gig, after-hours gig, or something that could grow into full-time employment, this is not the role for you.
Your top tasks would include:
- Creating new sales proposals quickly and accurately using Prezi.
- Updating sales agreements (Google docs) with the client’s info and service level, then posting to HelloSign for signatures.
- Responding to and touching base with business leads and our Paid Ambassadors.
- Logging in and reviewing Upwork for potential opportunities.
- HR-related “administrative” functions, including placing ads, screening and emailing candidates, and coordinating documentation between interviews.
- Working inside of Basecamp on assigned tasks, and thoroughly documenting your progress according to our best practices. If you’re more of a pen and paper type person, this probably isn’t for you. We’re more Basecamp and Google Docs people.
- Updating our WordPress website with new content.
- Researching and applying for various industry awards.
- Handling occasional admin/writing/researching type tasks.
If you have high energy and attention to detail that you can focus on a task until completion, that will serve you well. If you have past experience with most of the applications listed above, that will give you a leg up.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Task switching—switching gears on the fly
- Prioritization—always working on THE most important thing at all times, and reshuffling based on new tasks & urgency
- Inner drive to get things done on time every time
- Efficient with time management
- Great communication skills with professional demeanor (and aren’t afraid to talk to customers or prospects)
- Digital skills and can quickly master new programs—Google suite, Basecamp, Prezi, WordPress, etc.
You’ll Get Bonus Points For:
- Sales background/skills/aptitude
- Marketing or Communications degree
- Previous Admin experience, especially virtual
- Video editing skills
- Proven ability to learn, adapt, and master online programs
- WordPress and posting blogs
- 3-day weekends
- Unpaid holiday for the week of 4th of July
- Unpaid holiday for two weeks at end of year
- Performance and year-end bonuses