iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable biosensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and machine- learning capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of first-line ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 1 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
About this role:
iRhythm is currently seeking an experienced Medical Benefits Check Specialist that can work either in our Lincolnshire, IL office, or work Remotely. Our work environment is fast-paced with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today!
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Perform claims integrity – researches and identifies all missing insurance information for the member. Verifies patient/claimant information, the payer network, in- or out-of-network status, researches any/all information to determine coverage levels.
- Calculate deductibles, out of pocket costs, copays, explaining the “owed portion” for patient.
- Provide updates on any/all benefits investigations related to the member’s financial responsibility, (such as co-pays, co-insurance, at time of service).
- Performs order entry – updates records with complete patient and insurance information
- Contacts patients to inform them of eligibility based on CPT codes
- Verify patient’s eligibility for financial assistance programs to help reduce out of pocket costs by using internal web tools, patient documentation, doctor’s offices
- Serves as point of contact for sales and service representatives on updates to orders, patient communication and account issues to address
- Administrative tasks may include tending to email, overnight shipping, fax, copy, scan, file, office supplies, general correspondence and the like to ensure efficient follow up correspondence & operations
- Maintain confidentiality of patient data and medical records in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Comfortable and capable utilizing various communication tools including IM and video conferencing to enable virtual work collaboration
- Maintain consistent work presence and impact during normal business hours, and be available for ad hoc check-in’s with managers and/or team leads
- Deliver on challenging work objectives, including meeting daily, weekly and/or monthly productivity metrics
- Produce high quality, high volume work by leveraging self-motivation and initiative in a remote work environment.
- Assist and cross train in other departments as business needs dictate and during critical times.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in healthcare preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with health insurance, benefits investigations, and reimbursement, along with billing and coding
- 2+ years of experience providing patient communication, researching, and documenting patient financial information for a healthcare provider, preferably in a call center environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a focus on assisting patients in a healthcare environment
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Customer Relationship Management systems, and Provider Engagement Portals required. Salesforce experience highly desired
- Possess a secure work area conforming to HIPAA guidelines
- Self-awareness to find creative solutions to remote challenges
- Resourcefulness and high levels of emotional intelligence to identify obstacles and collaborate with others to discuss potential solutions.