At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI’s customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.(sm) We are currently seeking a Medical Disability Exam Review Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve as a medical professional to evaluate and provide a clear, comprehensive and concise review of Medical Disability claims. Serve as a point of contact and resource for the VA Clinical Operations Department and communicate with internal and external entities. Provide Practitioner education. Perform internal Medical Opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts. Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a Physician Assistant Program or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a Nurse Practitioner program
- A minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- Knowledge and prior performance of VA Compensation and Pension Examinations
- Current, unrestricted state license or the ability to obtain licensure in the state performing services; may be required to identify a supervising physician as dictated by state licensure requirements
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- Experience with VA Compensation and Pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Previous military experience
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- National Career Readiness Certificate
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.