ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we.Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT
Check out more about life at ADT here.
You must be located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Virginia.
Safe by ADT is a service that ADT offers to on-the-go customers and businesses. The service allows consumers to reach out to ADT when they are in uncomfortable situations. Contact by customers can be made via phone calls, text messages/chats, and/or video calls. Through the service ADT can track the location of the customer to assist with alerting authorities and/or emergency contacts.
We would like to classify this position as an Associate III due to the intensity of situations that agents may see or hear; the technical ability required for the job; and the need to be able to critically think with limited standard operation procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring SAFE by ADT customers through phone calls, chat, and video.
- Responds to incoming alarm signals from customers and verifies the customer’s need for assistance.
- Asks caller to describe the nature of the emergency and asks follow-up questions as necessary.
- Keeps callers on the line when necessary.
- Dispatches proper authorities as well as contacting appropriate responsible parties when necessary.
- Maintains composure while communicating with customers to help them feel safe.
- Handles Inbound calls from customers or agencies.
- Documents actions taken based upon standard operation processes
- Advises callers on how to handle non-emergency situations, and transfers callers to proper department.
- Uses maps and other internet programs to assist with location and assistance with emergency agencies.
- Views and assesses video and responds with best course of action based upon what is seen and heard.
- Assists other groups in the Monitoring organization to ensure our customers are protected
- Performs other duties as assigned by Team Lead, Team Manager, or Unit Manager.
- Ability to critically think and problem-solve in new and evolving situations
- Ability to maintain composure in highly intense situations. Possesses mental and emotional strength necessary to deal with stressful situations
- Technical aptitude and the ability to use multiple computer programs simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize multiple items at once
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Pays close attention to detail
- Ability to clearly articulate instructions verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use virtual and emerging technologies to communicate with customers, team and leadership.
- Must be able to work with confidential information and use discretion
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience or emergency dispatch required.
- Ability to be licensed in multiple states
- Comfortable with emerging technologies (for example