What the company has to say:
Freedom and flexibility. All 250-plus of us work wherever we’d like—reliable internet access is our only requirement. Spread across 17 time zones in 24 countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.
Opportunity to grow. On our mission to make everyone more productive at work, we still have a ways to go—we’re just 2.5m people in so far. Our leadership team makes our profitability and product plans clear, and with a value “default to action,” you’re empowered to work on what interests you and your skills in that area.
How We Hire
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process, we ask applicants to answer a few questions in an online form that we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
To avoid bias, we use custom-built extensions for our hiring tools that mask candidates’ names and photos, as well as comments from other application reviewers on the hiring team.
The hiring team reviews candidates’ applications based on a rubric for the job requirements. To proceed to the hiring stage, candidates will typically participate in two interviews via video chat, as well as a skills test based on the role.
You’ll hear from us throughout the application process. We have made a commitment to applicants that we will be in touch with them at least once per week while they are going through the hiring process.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- Work with the product team to build tools that will speed up and increase the quality of support at the same time
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.