This is a great opportunity for an office manager to join a non-profit organization working to make a real difference in the world.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a cohesive, highly motivated team and will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment. He/she will support the CEO and the Managing Director of the organization and will lead administrative projects.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise between PPC and its fiscal sponsor, Earth Island Institute, including the preparation and submission of check requests, donation tracking, allocation of grant monies, and correspondence related to fundraising events;
- Assist with organization and content management on Google Drive;
- Prepare communications by mail or email as assigned;
- Establish and refine administrative systems for accuracy and ease of use;
- General office duties, including handling office shipping needs; answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate staff; meeting preparation, including research, agendas and follow up as required; maintain office resources/inventory (PPC branded items, etc.) and reorder as necessary;
- Financial support, including: assist on budget and accounting tasks; liaise with PPC’s outside financial accounting contractor; prepare expense reports; generate online donation reports and maintain donor database; maintain vendor records and process payments to them in a timely manner;
- Operational support, including preparing agreement with independent contractors and outside businesses, interns and others; help facilitate logistics for team calls, yearly Staff Retreat and other events;
- Fundraising event support and planning, including tracking of production costs, donations received and related correspondence;
- Participate as a team member on special projects or company-wide initiatives as requested;
- Support team calendar, arrange and confirm appointments and adapt quickly to changes and conflicts that may arise;
- Support Executive Leadership task and schedule tracking; occasional travel arrangements;
- Additional administrative support as needed.
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in an independent office environment;
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). A high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is strongly preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and accounting strongly desired, specifically preparing and maintaining balance sheets, income statements, and other financial records, in addition to maintaining accounting records.
- Self-motivated ability to quickly adapt to new technology and software environments (existing familiarity with Asana project-management, Slack, and CRM databases is a plus but not required);
- A professional demeanor and strong organizational and project management skills;
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands to ensure the ability to meet commitments and deadlines;
- Multi-task oriented with an energetic hands-on approach;
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities with ability to meet deadlines;
- Able to manage multiple projects while maintaining big picture overview of changing priorities and tasks;
- Pro-active with the ability to work both independently and as a team player;
- Flexibility to respond and adapt to a fast-paced work environment in a non-traditional office structure;
- Excellent spelling, writing, and proofreading skills with an eye for quality and detail;
- A high degree of ethics and standards of personal conduct;
- A good sense of humor and positive attitude;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred;
- Passion and dedication to PPC’s vision of a world free from plastic pollution is appreciated.