At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
DEPARTMENT:Operations Support, Tax Support
POSITION TITLE:Operations Support Representative 1 Phone and/or Chat
REPORTS TO:Operations Support Supervisor
LOCATION:Work at Home – Remote
We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time, and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many of our Employees, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive. We want to help them get their maximum refund, faster, and with fewer associated fees.
The Operations Support Representative 1 position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt Franchise and Corporate employees by answering Federal and State Tax questions from Tax Preparers in the field.
This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year, but could lead to a permanent position if performance is exceptional.
You will be tasked with resolving 1st Tier level interactions via phone and chat or escalating to Tier 2 upon Employee request or applicable resolution path. (Experience with Profiler and a proven ability to assist, may move you directly to Tier 2)
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solutions Oriented, supporting one-call-resolution. Able to use tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Employee’s reason for contact.
- Answer questions for both State and Federal returns.
- Assist Tax Preparers on how to navigate Jackson Hewitt Proprietary Tax Prep Software through current and prior year system changes.
- Assist tax preparers in correction of State and Federal rejects.
- Provide knowledge particular to Federal or State code changes s such as ACA and the Path Act.
- Demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Employee issues.
- Able to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Able to understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Employee in a manner which is easily understood.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills – Agents will utilize multiple systems to access Employee information, research issues, educate and solve the Employee’s reason for contact.
- Ability to accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Will handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Employee information.
- Diligence in accurately documenting Employee records and cases.
- May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant Tax Prep Experience
- Proficiency in Profiler
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Contact Center applications, quality monitoring tools and applications, center reporting tools and technologies.
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser
- Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 mbps
- A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions
- Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
- Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Minimum 35 WPM
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- FLSA status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt.