Resident is an industry-leading startup in the Direct-to-Consumer mattress and home furnishings category. Since our founding of the award-winning Nectar Sleep in 2016, we have since launched additional new brands with the same mission of making inspiring products people love coming home to.
Every part of our company is built around growth, experimentation and velocity. If you believe in the importance of data-driven decision making, naturally curious and possess a truly customer-centric orientation, we might just be the right company for you!
About the RoleResident is looking for Outbound Sales Associates to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is a self-starter with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced remote environment, communicates effectively, and enjoys customer management through the entire sales cycle.
This is a Remote, Work from Home opportunity. Candidate must be available to work any Full Time scheduled shift given between the hours: 9:45 AM – 9:15 PM PST/ 12:45 PM EST – 12:15 AM EST SUN-SAT (with 2 days off weekly). We are open 365 days a year. Must be willing to work weekends & key holidays as well. Additionally, you must have a dedicated quiet work space to be considered for this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Use our data driven marketing tools to help drive sales via various warm leads on outbound sales interactions. Must not be afraid to pick up the phone. Ability to complete the entire sales process on the phone.
- Manage your leads/calendar/time efficiently to ensure that all monthly sales goals are met.
- Tailored product knowledge of all Resident brands in order to provide the best purchasing options for our customers.
- Maintain relationships with customers in order to help create lifetime value of our house of brands.
- Drive business growth and revenue by driving cross sell/upsell across our house of brands.
- Thrive in a healthy and competitive sales environment.
- Find success in achieving monthly goals.
- Utilize your innate sales skills; which should include: active listening, qualifying customers, and helping lead the customer to the right product for them.
- Take pride in leaving detailed notes for every customer interaction to uphold a high level of consistency between agents.
- Actively collect insights from customers and focus on closing the communication loop by providing product feedback.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert/Brand Ambassador for all our products.
- Continue to build on an already strong Sales team culture.
- Minimum of 2+ years of SALES experience, call center or inside sales experience preferred
- A strong hunger for financial success
- Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a need to exceed goals
- A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Being an articulate, confident, and conscientious communicator
- Being a trainable, coachable, constant learner
- Being a multi-tasker with amazing organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Technically savvy- able to use multiple computer systems while in conversation with a client as well as have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve issues on your own.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that give you the ability to explain products in detail.
- Ability to bring an upbeat, professional and respectful approach to work each day.
- Experience/proficiency in programs such as Kustomer, Chat Tools, Zendesk, Google Suite, Slack.
- Comfortable and familiar with working from home and being a self-starter in a sales environment.
- Strong ability to sell products, overcome objections, actively listen, and generate leads when necessary.
- Be an effective closer.
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM (ideally).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.