Part-Time Temporary 3 month Assignment
25-30/hours a week between the hours of 8AM-8PM EST
Our mission as a Global Talent Management organization is to support our people as individuals, members of teams, and as part of Wayfair. We seek to enhance productivity and retention by promoting employee welfare and inclusion, fostering collaboration and innovation, and driving employee professional growth – reflecting our commitment to our key business drivers, our customers, and our shareholders.
As a Human Resources Associate, you are viewed as a knowledgeable and skilled professional within your domain. You support the team in benefits administration, management and discussion of employee-focused policies with the ability to explain the “why”, helping our new team members to onboard, and with employee engagement and relations questions. You will partner with managers to guide and coach them on concerns and inquiries, as well as train them on policies, benefits, and conduct so that they can help their associates with day to day questions. Engaging and managing talent relations, spotting trends and driving change as a result of that analysis will also be key to your success in continuing to make Wayfair a “best place to work!”
What You’ll Do
- Perform customer service functions by assisting our team members with requests and questions.
- Help to promote a culture of enabling self-service through our Talent Service Now ticketing system.
- Assist the Talent Manager in maintaining records, collecting and compiling sensitive and confidential personnel data, and report preparation.
- Support the broader Talent team in the preparation of performance review forms and processing employee moves, promotions, and terminations.
- Educate Supervisors on the Manager of people tasks and requirements in Workday.
- Assist in employee onboarding by verifying I-9 documentation, and helping with new-hire orientation as needed.
- Maintain and conduct audits of the HRIS, and recommend resolutions as appropriate.
- Be adaptable to the changing needs of a growing business, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Partner closely with Workforce Management (WFM), Employee Resource Center (ERC), local site leadership and payroll to resolve issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience in a dedicated HR Generalist role or HR Administrative role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic HR principles not limited to Title VII, HRIS management, timekeeping best practices,etc.
- Strong computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Resourceful and results-oriented attitude
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem-solve, be creative and answer questions
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and take ownership of projects
- Ability to act with professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully partner with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Experience successfully collaborating and working in a remote environment. Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Excellent computer skills including HRIS systems (e.g. Work Day)