Shift Days Monday – Friday ; Shift Hours: Hours Vary of Operations are between 7:00AM – 5:30 PM 8 hours work days at 40 hours a week with a shift that best fits call volume. Some Saturdays and Sundays required based on need and call volume.
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focuson what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Access Scheduler will be responsible for clerical and reception duties associated with patient scheduling and registration. The Patient Access Scheduler will handle a large volume of incoming and outgoing calls and navigate between multiple systems to schedule with various departments. This person will be the first point of contact with patients and ensure their needs are met. This person will be working in a fast-paced environment where they will be expected to display strong customer service and communication skills to properly assist patients.
The successful candidate will need to be highly organized and dedicated to customer service.
- First point of contact interacting with patients over the phone.
- Handles a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls.
- Schedules patient procedures for multiple hospitals and outpatient centers which involves coordinating and adhering to many departments and their clinical protocols.
- Responds to questions and concerns and directs them to appropriate location or department.
- Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding real-time patient status.
- Collaborates with medical staff and their associates to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in scheduling.
- Multitasks between several different technology systems to complete functions.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Provides patient education by explaining preps and patient instructions for the scheduled procedure following scheduling protocols.
- Informs patients of possible co-pays and deductibles needs to be paid at the time of service.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and physician staff, ancillary departments, nursing units and patients.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of call center experience – Preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Ability to handle a large volume of incoming calls
- Experience within a hospital or medical environment assisting patients – Required
- Working knowledge or experience with medical terminology
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information needs, and issues quickly and accurately,
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.