he Patient Responsibility Accounts Receivable Representative resolves patient healthcare accounts by negotiating payment with patients/guarantors while meeting or exceeding performance and quality objectives. This position is responsible for completing daily account related functions in an efficient and timely manner to accelerate the patient-to-payment process.
- Through both inbound and outbound calls leveraging an auto-dialer, negotiate payment with patients/guarantors by reviewing prior account payment history.
- Work in a pooled team environment while accessing multiple internal and client databases as well as client payment portals.
- Meet or exceed performance objectives including account resolution, collections, and quality assurance goals.
- Maintain accurate documentation of patient/guarantor encounters.
- Execute appropriate procedures for follow-up on third party approvals, billing, and collection of overdue accounts.
- Perform routine tasks or repetitious tasks with care and attention.
- Answer incoming patient or client call/email requests and handle in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by Supervisory or Managerial personnel such as acting as back up in other departments.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA and FCRA.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of commercial and government insurance plans (Medicaid and Medicare), payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare customer services with billing, insurance or revenue cycle knowledge.
- 6+ months of experience working in a role with a high volume of either inbound or outbound calls.
- Demonstrated ability to handle escalated calls.
- Experience in a role that requires accessing multiple databases simultaneously or managing multiple open screens to gather information to discuss with a customer.
- Experience with customer interactions that require live, accurate documentation of the encounter.
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information.
- Must be available to work second shift between the hours of 10AM ET and 9PM ET.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience with dual monitoring systems.
- Experience with utilizing a dialer system.
- Experience in a performance-based commission structure