Here’s what they have to say about this job:
This position seeks to respond to calls generated by the BGEA Prayer Line. Will also place outbound calls to constituents. Also, as an Associate, this position is not to exceed 1000 hours of work a year.
***PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE A PERSONAL SMART PHONE WITH INTERNET ACCESS FOR THIS POSITION***
The Donor Ministries Department at BGEA works to cultivate meaningful, long-term relationships with ministry supporters and to identify, develop and deepen new relationships with prospective donors. The goal of the department is to grow a strong base of support for decades to come. The department includes a core office staff and a regionally based field team who collectively serve the individuals, families and foundations that support BGEA with their gifts and prayers. Through special events, personal visits, and mailings, the field team shares the work, impact, and needs of the ministry with donors and prospective donors. In addition, Donor Ministries is responsible for all external mail programs, including direct mail, monthly prayer letter and ministry updates, and other educational and informational pieces. Another integral part of the department is the Billy Graham Christian Response Center (CRC). Staff daily respond to phone calls and email correspondence, providing ministry information and answering spiritual questions with biblical insight and direction.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Blue Ridge Broadcasting which houses The Light FM located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls as they are received
- Handle calls and constituents with dispatch, but balanced with tact and courtesy, and according to the procedures and policies set down by the department
- Promptly analyze requirements of the call or needs of the caller, and generate a prompt connection to the proper solution by listening, locating information, and answering questions
- Analyze and appropriately respond to the spiritual needs of callers, praying with them, and leading them to Christ when necessary.
- Accurately record data from callers into Christian Response database systems as necessary and required.
- Work on outbound call projects as directed
- Study department and association procedures, informational material, BGEA history, BGEA current events and other resources provided to the Christian Response Staff in order to understand and utilize this information on the telephone
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all required Christian Response Staff meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Christian Response Team Leader
- Relates to other members of the Christian Response Management Team
- Coordinates with, exchanges information, and cooperates with other Christian Response Representatives
- Has no supervisory responsibility
Skills and Knowledge
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire a thorough understanding of BGEA’s philosophy and principles of BGEA
- Customer Service and/or previous telephone experience preferred
- Experience with databases preferred
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality, with the ability to handle difficult conversations
- Experience with or capacity to acquire a thorough understanding and agreement with the Christian Response philosophy and principles
- Experience with or capacity to acquire a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, focusing on Word
- Experience with or capacity to acquire a thorough understanding of Donor Studio and Avaya Phone System
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple issues and processes at the same time such as talking on the telephone while entering information about the call on the computer
- Good basic math and spelling skills are required
- Must exhibit active listening skills, able to recall accurately information provided by callers
- Ability to speak clearly and confidently while on the phone, providing assistance to callers as well as other BGEA staff
- Ability to function as part of a team while demonstrating flexibility when priorities or tasks change
- Minimum of 35 wpm typing ability
- Nights, weekends and holidays required
- Must be confident and secure about handling difficult and emotional callers
- Significant time may be required using the PC while talking on the telephone
- Conventional work environment
- Close interaction with other people
Employees filling associate positions are allowed to work up to 1,000 hours a year (calendar/sequential) and are not offered any benefits.
Ministry Employee Expectations
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
Statement of Faith
These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.