ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Engineering Managers to plan product expansion roadmaps for platform engineering.
- Lead large complex cross functional engineering programs across the entire product fabric.
- Identity opportunities for shifting work to third party development partners.
- Secure VP and CTO commitments, build consensus and deliver high value outcomes.
- Develop project plans across teams as needed within the Product and Engineering department (DevOps, IT, Product, Engineering, and QA), as well as cross-functional teams extending throughout the company.
- Partner with project-specific stakeholders throughout the company to capture details and perform successful change management with third party development partners.
- Utilize lifecycle data to proactively raise risks and trade off decisions to key stakeholders. Actively mitigate these with scope control and resourcing.
- Identify and resolve all cross-organizational dependencies and potential blockers.
- Ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated, completed and remain well-maintained.
- Drive improvement and iteration on the platform engineering roadmap.
- Facilitate iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting.
- Develop key metrics to track the effectiveness of the distribution of work to third party partners.
What you should have:
- You have 10-15 years of experience performing cross-functional technical project management, preferably in a startup environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience managing or implementing an agile, scrum-based team of teams framework that influences a 100+ person engineering organization.
- You understand and are passionate about all things platform engineering throughout an organization: best practices, testing, and training.
- You have a deep understanding of end-to-end architecture and the software engineering life cycle.
- You understand the basics of cloud infrastructure delivery and associated key metrics.
- You have excellent leadership skills with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You like to solve problems and are always looking for ways to improve team performance.
- You know how to keep teams organized and on track.
- You are comfortable in fast-paced and complex environments.