Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for supporting either the Demands, Order Entry or Shipping departments and serving as a liaison with other departments/vendors/clients to resolve questions, inconsistencies or to retrieve missing data. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Monitors pipeline to meet daily departmental service level agreements.
- Provides internal support through effective pipeline and task management.
- Responsible for reviewing daily reports.
- Assists Team Lead with management of the department general email inboxes or other tasks as needed.
- Mentors and assists in training of new staff members.
- Responsible for retrieving and entering payoff information for all mortgage products in the database.
- Responsible for inputting all client orders and vendor searches into the database.
- Contacts other internal departments/vendors/clients to resolve questions, inconsistencies or to retrieve missing data.
- Responsible for processing outgoing shipments to various locations.
- Logs all shipping information into the company’s database.
- Processes all outgoing shipments to various locations.
- High School Degree and/or approximately one (1) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.