Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning. Our solution brings together holistic data and collaborative tools and puts them in the hands of educators. Moment-by-moment, our users can visualize each student’s progress, determine the right instructional or intervention strategy, and take the next best action. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Illuminate supports over 17 million students and 5200 schools and districts across all 50 states.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key member of the Illuminate proposal team leading technical proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
- Execute the technical RFx proposal response plan while working with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales account executives, product managers, research specialists, legal, etc.) to ensure all components are complete, accurate, and compelling.
- Support overall strategic positioning and craft narratives that distinguish Illuminate products and services.
- Validate RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance as well as evaluate competitive advantages and overall fit.
- Serve as a thought leader in the organization with respect to proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
- Facilitate pre-bid meetings, regular status check-ins during proposal development, and retrospective discussions to drive continuous improvement.
- Engage in ongoing professional growth opportunities to improve product knowledge, competitive intelligence, project management techniques, etc.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in English, education, or business.
- At least 3 years of professional experience managing RFx responses
- Proven project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Prior experience in K-12 education and/or sales preferred.
- Experience with educational technology, familiarity with Illuminate’s portfolio strongly preferred.
- A high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to learn and utilize new tools and technologies quickly.
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to engage with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Growth mindset and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Willingness to work remotely and collaborate with a remote team.