Serial Box creates short, immersive stories that you can listen to or read. We produce completely original series and tell official new stories around storyworlds like BBC’s Orphan Black and characters like Marvel’s Black Panther and Jessica Jones.
Our investors have backed companies like Gimlet, Glossier, Slate, Warby Parker, Hotel Tonight, Outdoor Voices. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, Wired, NPR, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, and Forbes.
- “Like Game of Thrones but for your ears”—i09
- “The HBO of reading”—NPR
- “Best of the year”—Apple
- “Must-have app”—Buzzfeed
About the Role:
We are hiring for a Quality Assurance and Customer Success Associate to join our team. In this role, you’ll help out on the front lines of our customer success function, managing customer relationships with our growing user base. Additionally, you’ll help our product and technology teams test features before roll out to help us proactively identify pain points from the users perspective.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to user emails, bug reports, reviews, surveys, and more.
- Communicate with users in line with Serial Box’s unique brand voice, through strong writing and a lively communication style.
- Develop relationships with our users and help deliver an awesome user experience
- Track and maintain records of user issues, feedback, and complaints.
- Act as a voice and advocate for users, keeping the team informed of common user complaints and feedback.
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to run QA tests for apps and website releases; identify and document bugs/issues that users might encounter.
- Work closely with the Serial Box development team to understand app and website problems and coordinate associated updates and fixes based on customer feedback.
- Provide IT-related tech support to Serial Box employees
- A great communicator and someone who loves problem-solving.
- Tech savvy and able to troubleshoot user issues and give concrete, specific feedback about the app and platform.
- Patient, empathetic, and care about users’ experience.
- Familiar with mobile (iOS and Android) app and website QA best practices and processes, including but not limited to, writing and executing manual test cases and reporting test results.
- Comfortable writing clear, detailed and actionable bug reports.
- Excited to have a big impact on a growing company and to help define the future of audio and reading.
- A highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
Nice to have:
- Access to multiple iOS and Android devices including, but not limited to: iPhone(s), an iPad, Android phone(s), and Android tablet or has testing experience using native device emulators.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with customer service software like Zendesk and Instabug
Working hours: 20 hours a week. At least 10 of these hours must be between the hours of 11 am – 1 pm ET. Preferred schedule: M-F 3.5 hrs/day, S-Sun 1.25 hrs/day.