Serve as initial contact for claim reporting. Responsible for guiding the caller to the appropriate party based on their need and the relevant policy and/or claim.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Identify the customer’s need and respond appropriately and efficiently with a sense of urgency
- Follow established guidelines specific to each claim report or inquiry
- Locate, confirm and document appropriate information, which may entail multiple systems
- Remain current on constant process updates and technology used within the company
- May utilize multiple communication channels including but not limited to telephone, fax, email, online chat, etc. to assist the client
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to empathize with customer is critical
- Experience in Customer Service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task (i.e. talking and typing simultaneously)
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic internet skills
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Ability to navigate through multiple systems
- Experience in a call center environment
- Ability to speak Spanish (Bi-lingual)
- Post high school degree
- Experience in the Insurance field
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.