What you’ll be doing…
If you’re self-motivated, disciplined, and resourceful, our at-home role may be perfect for you. As a Customer Service Representative, you’ll be a problem solver, salesperson, troubleshooter, billing expert and more – all while working remotely from the convenience of your home office, which must be located in the state of Arizona.
- Listening carefully to customers with patience and courtesy.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and identifying solutions while leveraging your strong customer service and communication skills.
- Educating customers and positioning Verizon solutions to drive and close sales.
- Building customer relationships by earning their dedication and trust through unmatched customer experiences.
What we’re looking for…
You are positive and professional with a focus on solving problems and doing whatever it takes to make a difference with every customer every time. You can establish rapport with all kinds of people, listen attentively, and hone in on the most important issues. You explain things easily, in ways that people can understand. You are tech-savvy and know how to use that knowledge to find solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Your home office must be located in the state of Arizona.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work split shifts as necessary (i.e., four hours worked in the morning, a minimum of a four-hour break, followed by four more hours worked in the evening).
- Understanding that scheduled shifts may change every six months with new shift bids.
Home office requirements:
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem capable of at least 25mbps (per your service plan; a monetary stipend may be provided to you). Wireless connections or DSL are not acceptable.
- A dedicated quiet, private workspace with a chair and desk.
- Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.
- The ability to self-manage in a remote work environment including setup of company-provided computer equipment and ongoing proactive, skilled, and effective management of your home network and connections.
- Demonstrated self-discipline, time management skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work collaboratively with leaders and on a team – all in a remote work environment.
Even better if you have:
- An associate’s degree.
- Experience resolving customer issues, billing, and/or handling product use questions.
- Experience solving customer problems in a work-from-home environment.
- Experience promoting and/or selling products and services.
- Proficiency with technology applying it to solve problems.