What they have to say about the position:
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionize human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalized solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will engage directly with Hilton guest as a specialist in sales/reservations and customer service. The Guest Engagement Specialist is a work from home role within Hilton’s Reservation sales and customer support team and is perfect for someone with strong communications skills that can easily switch focus from solving problems to selling Hilton.
You will serve as the first point of contact answering inbound calls from our customers. You will have conversations with our customers to understand their needs, answer questions, and provide personalized solutions. This means being able to perform various roles, based on training provided. This includes (but is not limited to) – advising, selling, responding to inquiries/requests, and resolving customer issues/complaints.
Every call is an opportunity to build trust with our guests, and convert every customer into a lifetime Hilton guest. You will live our Hilton values and HRCC tenets at every touch-point, and will be empowered to create an effortless experience by providing the right solution(s) for each customer.
More specifically, you will:
- Deliver excellent service by answering back-to-back calls throughout your shift and responding in a friendly, timely, and consultative manner, using discovery principles to uncover the customer needs and matching to the appropriate Hilton offering or solution.
- Develop an understanding of Hilton and partner offerings (e.g. timeshares, car rentals, credit card, etc.), and then utilize that knowledge to maximize revenue through consultative selling.
- Demonstrate competency proficiency combined with meeting specific sales and customer service goals and metrics daily. Examples of required metrics and competencies include: customer satisfaction scores, revenue generated per call, upselling, cross-selling, first-call resolution, communication, good judgment, and customer focus.
- Demonstrate a high-level of accountability and engagement by identifying areas of opportunity to improve the customer experience and driving recommendations/solutions that improve every interaction.
- Display an ability to tactfully acknowledge service failures and identify service recovery options in order to maintain customer loyalty.
- Build appropriate connections and trust with the customer to effectively counteract objections through negotiating and/or upselling and cross-selling.
- Utilize various resources that provide information on the property (e.g. location, promotions, transportation, etc.) to offer clear and accurate details to customers.
- Effectively use tools to respond to customer inquiries, including (but not limited to) reservation requests, Hilton Honors account/promotional information, service/stay related concerns, etc.
- Be receptive to feedback and apply performance improvement suggestions quickly.
Live Organizational Tenets:
- Advocate relentlessly for the customer and share broadly
- Build systems, processes, and training to deliver exceptional experiences
- Celebrate and recognize successes
- Innovate fearlessly
- Trust each other and use good judgement
- You will need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business and customer needs.
- Department is open nights, weekends and holidays. Employees are expected to be present and available to take calls during all scheduled shifts. During peak volumes, additional hours may be required with advanced notice, and during slower volumes, there may be the option for team members to schedule fewer hours.
- Ability to provide a quiet work environment or home office, free from noise and distractions for your entire shift and be self-motivated
- Attendance and active participation in virtual training sessions, including timely and 100% completion of self-paced training modules
- Regular and punctual attendance, in conformance with the standards established by HRCC, is critical to the successful performance of this position
- Effective time management and ability to work independently in a Work-From-Home or onsite environment
We will provide some of the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including desktop terminal/hard drive, USB keyboard and mouse, USB headset with microphone compatible with hard drive, flash drive, and Ethernet cable.
You will be required to provide the following equipment:
- Surge protector
- High speed wired internet service of 10 mbps or higher (WiFi is not permitted)
Important Note: In the event your internet connection does not support Hilton’s voice network, we require you to provide home phone service and a dial pad with corded headset.
We are currently hiring candidates in 28 states across the country, including: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- You think and act independently, use good judgment, and build rapport with customers.
- You deliver great customer experiences, thrive in a virtual environment, and are invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- You are willing to learn and embrace Hilton values and HRCC tenets, which guide our unique style of service.
- You take ownership, are accountable, and take initiative.
- You are high-energy, positive, and have excellent communication and active listening skills, including speaking, reading, and writing fluently in English.
- You possess strong sales and service skills and can influence customers.
- You have the ability to support a flexible working schedule.
- You can set up job related computer equipment, run various computer programs, troubleshoot, and fix issues independently. You are accountable for downtime related to technology issues and report outages in a timely manner.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Three (3) years’ job experience in a consultative customer service oriented and/or sales role
- One (1) year of successfully meeting specific metrics/goals in a performance-driven role, including high customer satisfaction scores, negotiating, overcoming objections, and/or up-selling and cross-selling
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- For work-at-home positions, have previously held a work-at-home job
- Experience with virtual training, which required you to complete self-paced modules
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry