Here’s what they have to say about the job:
NAVIS is excited to be hiring multiple part-time, work-at-home Reservation Sales Agents in several states! These are all work-at-home positions and NAVIS provides all of your computer equipment. Pay is competitive with commissions and incentives included!
This is NOT timeshare sales. There is NO cold calling involved.
You have the ability to make about $17.00 per hour on average after training with base rate, commissions, bonuses, and incentives included, and well over $20.00 per hour on average after you’ve been with us for a year! And 20% of these Team Members earn $24.00 per hour or more with base hourly rate + commissions, bonuses, and incentives included!
We are ONLY HIRING IN THE FOLLOWING U.S. STATES (if you do not reside in one of these states, you will not be eligible for this position):
- North Carolina
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Be part of an established, incredible Company to work for – we have been named on multiple “Top Workplaces” lists for NINE years running!
NAVIS is honored and humbled to have been recognized as a “Top Workplace” by “The Oregonian” and the “Orlando Sentinel” for several years (and again in 2019).
NAVIS is the only Unified CRM solution for hotels and vacation rental management companies.
WHAT’S THE JOB?:
A NAVIS Reservation Sales Agent helps prospective guests plan and book their reservations at our clients’ amazing properties. Who are our clients? They are vacation rental companies and independently-owned hotels located in popular resort destinations – many of whom you may be familiar with. Our Reservation Sales Agents truly feel like an extension of the client’s reservation team because they are trained and knowledgeable of each property. Again, this is NOT timeshare sales. There is NO cold calling involved.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
In this part-time, home-based position, you will be handling inbound calls from prospective guests who are interested in booking a vacation and want more details about the specific property they have in mind. Calls are consultative in nature with the goal of helping and guiding the guest to book his/her stay. Once you successfully book a guest, you earn a commission on top of your hourly base rate. The more guests you book, the more money you make!
We will train you in a virtual environment through live, instructor-led training sessions on our systems, our processes, and the properties of our clients so you feel confident in helping prospective guests enjoy these incredible properties.
SHOES ARE OPTIONAL:
This part-time position enables you work in the comfort of your own home and is NOT based in a crowded, noisy call center across town. How much time, money, and frustration will you save? No commute is a good thing!
EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU AT NO COST:
NAVIS will provide you with a company PC, 2 monitors, a headset, a web cam, and other related PC equipment to help you be successful in this position. There is no equipment cost at all to you! All you need to provide is a dedicated high-speed internet connection.
You are sales oriented. You are an achiever. You are motivated by commissions, bonuses, incentives, and contests. You are optimistic and positive. You set goals and accomplish them, then you set higher goals to achieve. You enjoy healthy competition with yourself and others. You gravitate towards helping others and making them happy. You are neither passive nor aggressive – you are assertive. You are dedicated. You have high standards. You are dependable. You can work a pre-established, non-traditional schedule. You are a strong PC user and finding information on search engines on-the-fly comes second nature to you.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of sales experience. This could be from retail, food and beverage, tele-sales, hospitality, and other sales-related roles where you had direct interaction with people, and you were influencing / up-selling / using suggestive selling techniques.
- STRONG COMPUTER USER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED – excellent experience using Windows-based computers and related applications – multi-tasking, multiple systems, dual screens, strong internet searching experience using common search engines
- Hospitality experience is preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) are highly encouraged to apply
ABOUT YOUR HOME OFFICE:
- This home-based position requires a work environment free from background noise and distractions. Ideally, you should have a separate room or office in which you can close a door behind you for privacy. You MUST be able to work in a quiet, distraction-free workspace for the duration of your shift.
- Reservation Sales Agents are required to provide a dedicated high-speed internet connection* – NAVIS will provide all the rest!
*High-speed internet MUST have a minimum required speed of 20.0 mbps (download) and 5.0 mbps (upload). Please enter “internet speed test” into your search engine of choice and verify this – it’s critical!
ABOUT PAID TRAINING (VIRTUAL):
- START DATE: Monday, February 22nd, 2021
- TRAINING DAYS: Monday-Friday
- TRAINING TIME: 8:30am to 2:15pm Pacific Time / 11:30am to 5:15pm Eastern Time
- WHERE / FORMAT: Virtual / remote from your home office – live, interactive, instructor-led training via web cam / video
- DURATION: Four (4) weeks of initial training, ending on March 19th, 2021
- ONGOING TRAINING: We have an ongoing, comprehensive training program that will keep you up to date with our systems, processes, and client properties
ABOUT THE POSITION STATUS, WAGE, & HOURS:
- STATUS: You will be an internal NAVIS employee and all positions are PART-TIME with an average of 27.5 hours per week (five 5.5-hour shifts per week).
- WAGE: The median hourly wage (base hourly rate + commissions, bonuses, and incentives) for our sales agents that have been with us at least one year is over $20.00 per hour, with 20% of these team members earning $24.00 per hour or more (with base hourly rate + commissions, bonuses, and incentives included).
- Training Wage: $11.00 per hour while you are in training
- Base Wage (after training): $9.00 per hour + commissions, bonuses, and incentives
- Monthly / Other Incentives: These include spot bonuses, gift cards, trips, and other incentives for strong performance
- HOURS: The majority of shifts include Afternoons, Evenings, and Weekends. For those Team Members working Afternoons, Evenings, and Weekend shifts, NAVIS pays shift differentials in addition to the base hourly rate. You will be assigned a regular shift upon hire.
In case you have questions about the COVID-19 CoronaVirus and how it’s affecting these positions:
Will I have any person-to-person contact with anyone during the hiring / training process for this position?
No. The good news is that these NAVIS Reservation Sales positions are all work-at-home positions by design, and they have been for several years – well before the recent COVID-19 CoronaVirus events began. All of our interviewing, training, and the job itself are done remotely from the comfort of your home office. So, although we will virtually “meet” you via video conference if you make it to the final stage of the interview process and beyond, you will NOT need to come into an office at any time during our hiring / training process and the job will be done remotely from your home.
I’ve heard the travel / hotel industry is being negatively affected right now by the COVID-19 CoronaVirus situation. Does that impact this position?
I’m sure you have heard the travel / hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, as states are opening their services, we are seeing an exciting increase in call volume and we anticipate a busy and prosperous season. Hiring decisions for these positions will be made in the fall / winter and we are keeping a close watch on the market to ensure we hire the right number of agents to meet our clients’ needs for this winter’s anticipated volume.