In order for us to take your application into consideration you must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio,Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Earth’s most customer-centric company is seeking bright, articulate, detailed applicants with a passion to help our customers and make them smile. The Amazon Technical Support Customer Service Associate plays a critical role as part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers, as well as listening to customers and escalating pain points to enable Amazon to improve and deliver a world-class technical support experience. We are seeking candidates who are curious about new platforms and technologies, enjoy problem solving, and supporting customers with technical issues. The majority of time spent with customers will be via phone, but you may also be required to support email and chat. Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, review solutions, and communicate them effectively to a variety of customers in a fun and fast-paced company.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Check out our Leadership Principle’s here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/working/working-amazon Thank you for your interest in joining our teams!
What is a Full-Time position in Customer Service?
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week As a Seasonal Amazon Customer Service employee your work schedule could fall anywhere in between these hours, and may often require one or both weekend days.You will be expected to work 40 hours per week in this role, with the additional expectation to work up-to 60 hours a week if there is a business need, large-scale event, or if peak season requires.
Working hours for all associates increase substantially during our Peak season(s) and can increase during other times of the year due to business needs. In order to support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during our Peak season(s) and identified blackout periods unless otherwise required by law. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
*Seasonal employees may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to nine months, or a shorter period of time depending on business need. Seasonal Employees in this role also have the ability to be hired on permanently based on individual performance and business need.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 per hour.
- Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
- Employee Discount
- Resources for Living Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
- Time Off Options
You must NOT be a current Amazon employee. If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- Help a variety of Amazon customers by phone, e-mail and/or chat.
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively.
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger, or chat tools.
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring).
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed.
- Ability to translate technical information/instructions into a simple language that would ensure seamless trouble shooting
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to new situations
- Be able to use judgement and common sense to answer customer questions
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge with team members and customers
- Consistently curious about technology
- You must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
- Support a full-time working schedule of 40 hours up to 60 hours based on business needs that may change during the course of your seasonal assignment.
- Ability to sit or stand at your desk for up to hours at a time
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Fluent English language proficiency required.
- Agree to Amazon’s Work from Home Agreement. Please watch our Work from Home Agreement (https://youtu.be/yxrpb9pKHls) video for more information.
- You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
- You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
- Amazon provides paid mandatory training and resources for new associates. Please watch our New Hire Training (https://youtu.be/63NrmxUEHKg) video for more information.
- Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork.
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.
- A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
- Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable. Cannot use a wireless connection.
- You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
- When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.