PLADS Group Administration and PLADS Client Accounting teams in accordance with Aflac’s policyholder service policies, objectives, and initiatives. Has accountability for PLADS internal financial reports and analysis, customer implementations, claims payments, self-insured customer bank accounts, overpayments process, and benefits payments of multi-state third Party Disability & Leave Management Benefits for multiple national and international accounts.
Ensures coordination with other departments and consistent customer service to policyholders. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; acts as a catalyst and motivator for developing new programs and services, as well as reprioritizing existing resources to support strategic initiatives; leads key management activities and committees..
What you’ll do:
- Provides strategic leadership across PLADS Group Administration and PLADS Financial Services to ensure efficient operations within performance standards, corporate policies, and regulatory guidelines
- Provides oversight of billing, remittance, commissions, and overall client accounting practices within PLADS
- Maintains knowledge of the technologies and processes throughout the industry to drive automation and streamline processes
- Works collaboratively with all lines of business across PLADS to identify, design, and implement process improvement strategies related to billing, remittance, commissions, and client accounting within PLADS
- Develops an organizational framework and provides the necessary leadership to ensure the ongoing availability of qualified and motivated staff to meet current needs and planned future growth
- Develops long-range visionary strategic plans and annual budgets for the areas within scope of responsibility and ensures that operations are managed within authorized budgets; advises, develops, reviews, and approves budgets, plans, and business goals
- Reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards for the division; provides information and reports to the team on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents monthly reports on performance
- Develops and presents matters requiring decisions to key management stakeholders
- Creates an environment that supports the vision, direction, objectives, goals, purpose, and mission of the organization
- Performs other related duties as required
What you should have:
- Minimum Required Bachelor’s Degree In accounting, finance, or a related discipline Preferred Master’s Degree
- Minimum Required 10 years of professional job related work experience, 5 years management experience
- Minimum Required Experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial planning, analysis and operations, preferably in the insurance industry
- Preferred Experience leading digital transformation initiatives Preferred CPA or other professional designation
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.