We are looking for a Senior Health Editor to help take Well+Good’s health content to the next level across all digital platforms.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Health Editor grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Art & Design and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
What you’ll do:
- Own our health coverage end to end, from pitching to assigning to publication
- Edit and publish 2-5 feature stories daily
- Brainstorm and pitch original story and multi-platform package ideas on health topics including women’s health, mental health, health disparities, chronic illness, holistic health treatments, health tech, and more
- Assign stories to both freelance writers and full-time staff and see that they’re executed in a timely manner
- Recruit talented freelance writers as needed
- Attend events and desksides to gather intel for content creation
- Plan the weekly schedule for your sections, with an eye for subject mix
- Work in conjunction with the audience development team to develop strategies for the health vertical in order to achieve monthly traffic goals
- Execute an SEO hygiene strategy for your vertical
- Collaborate with the editorial, branded content, marketing teams to develop ideas for campaigns and tentpole initiatives pertaining to health
- Guide our health coverage across multiple platforms, including video, audio, and social media
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the health and nutrition space in order to spot new trends before they hit big
- Mentor junior writers and editors, give feedback in a constructive way in order for them to grow
What you should have:
- 5-8 years editorial experience
- Meticulous editing skills—the ability to edit for grammar, voice, and flow
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong writing skills
- Strong wellness and lifestyle industry contacts
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Interest in other digital platforms (video, audio, social media) is necessary; experience in these areas is a plus
- A passion for high-quality digital content
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats—no job being too small or too large