We’re looking for an experienced Senior Recruiting Manager to join our growing Recruiting team at Zapier. This role will focus on leading the team that delivers the hiring plan for our Support, Marketing, and Operations departments. These departments vary in their growth cycles from scaling new functions to enabling internal promotions and helping leaders to manage their teams’ career paths. The Senior Recruiting Manager (along with the recruiting team) have a strategic partnership with the business leaders to grow their teams.
You have over 8+ years of recruiting experience with more than 4 years of recruiting management experience. You have scaled and managed high-performing recruiting teams at software companies.
You value individual and team development. You have successfully led those you manage to higher levels of performance.
You’re a trusted partner in talent. You advise the recruiting team on the best strategy to fill positions and guide business teams
You are passionate to see more diversity and inclusion in the workplace. You will coordinate and develop initiatives to support the same. Prior success with diversity initiatives is highly valued.
You believe momentum is critical to successful recruiting. You build systems and processes to empower your team to drive their own work.
You have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Greenhouse) or CRM systems. If you’ve not used these tools, you should feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens.
You are data-driven. You track pipeline health to balance your team’s priorities and set hiring manager expectations.
You are well-versed in hiring a global team. You have scaled hiring strategies to reach a global talent pool.
Leading leaders is no sweat. You’re comfortable partnering directly with founders and executives to build hiring plans and deliver.
Things You Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Lead a team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators to meet the company hiring goals for the Support, Marketing, and Operations departments.
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through weekly one-on-ones and team meetings.
- Keep the leadership team informed on your team’s progress in ways that are easy and enjoyable to receive, like one-on-one’s, update posts, and regular team hangouts.
- Build rapport with each member of the Recruiting Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Leverage data and metrics to lead and mentor towards goals.
- Collaborate across various Ops teams (People Ops, Onboarding, L&D) to help set roadmaps that will achieve business goals.
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new recruiters at Zapier. This might involve tweaking the skills portions of interviews, or writing better documentation.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You’ll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Embrace and encourage an environment where new ideas are encouraged and we’re not afraid to experiment with processes and tools.
- Assist with developing job posts and rubrics. You’ll work with the hiring managers and recruiters to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and manage the hiring process along the way.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.