For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers’ requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.