PRIMARY PURPOSE: To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers’ requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental:Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.