The Social Media Manager will help improve and grow Beyond Carnism’s social media presence. They will develop and publish social media campaigns and content, assist in developing the social media strategy, and manage our social media pages and profiles to increase engagement. The successful candidate will have excellent English written and verbal communication skills and strong graphic design skills, and they will have a proven track record of delivering high-impact social media content. The social media manager will be responsible for the overall implementation of the organization’s social media strategy as well as the day-to-day planning, execution and analysis. They will work closely with the Head of Communications and Marketing and have thorough knowledge of carnism and the animal advocacy movement.
- Create and post high-impact social media content, including copy, images, videos, animation/gifs and infographics
- Help conceptualize and Melanie Joy’s work from analog to digital format
- Manage, maintain, and execute the social media content calendar across platforms to grow community engagement, awareness, and adoption
- Work with the Head of Communications and Marketing to develop a social media strategy for Beyond Carnism (@beyondcarnism), the Center for Effective Vegan Advocacy (@ceva.world) and Melanie Joy (@drmelaniejoy)
- Manage and grow our online communities, monitoring comments and communication across all social media channels
- Help oversee, collect, and improve social media metrics and KPIs
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ work experience as a social media manager
- Experience developing and implementing successful social media strategies
- Strong graphic design and basic video editing skills
- Track record of delivering successful social media marketing campaigns
- Experience in managing communities and increasing engagement
- Familiarity with platforms for scheduling, reporting, publishing, and analyzing social media metrics
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrating consistent high standards of accuracy and clarity in written work
- Thorough knowledge of carnism and the animal advocacy movement; experience working in an animal advocacy organization a plus
- An excellent eye for, and commitment to, detail
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Beyond Carnism, including a commitment to effective altruism, intersectionality, and relational literacy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Interest in mindfulness a plus
This position reports to the Head of Communications and Marketing and it is a remote position with occasional opportunities to travel to meet with the team.
Ideally this is a full-time position but we can be flexible for the right candidate.
We offer flexible working hours and time off, as well as generous benefits that vary depending on the country of residence.