At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Social Media Specialist position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt current and potential clients by answering all social media platforms in a Performance Based Contact Center environment.
This is a Seasonal Position with a duration of anywhere from 2 to 6 months.
You will be tasked with responding to new or existing customers on all social media platforms, or escalating to the social media lead or manager, depending on documented issue resolution path. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Respond in a prompt, friendly and quality manner to any customer posting from social media or web based platforms.
• Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Client issues.
• Ability to compose professional written responses
• Ability to successfully de-escalate dissatisfied and irate customers.
• Ability to understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
• Ability to manage and follow up on multiple ongoing issues simultaneously
• Ability to deliver a consistent level of quality on all contacts and issue resolutions
• Assist other departments with digital communication requests as needed.
• Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills – Agents will utilize multiple systems to access Client information, research issues, educate and solve the Client’s reason for contact.
• Performs other duties as requested.