We are looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to help guide this transformation of online education. This role, along with their UX Designer counterpart, will be responsible for the entire product life cycle, starting with problem discovery and definition, through conceptual design, testing, and collaboration with our technology teams to implementation.
Helps students and instructors navigate both administrative and learning tasks seamlessly across various educational tools. We are committed to making Achieve the most impactful and dependable component of our instructors teaching strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and design user research of all types, both generative and evaluative.
- Drive the end-to-end user research lifecycle for certain projects, including selection of methods that align with research questions and business goals.
- Design and analyze qualitative studies that find opportunities by way of meaningful insights.
- Communicate insights to all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, through writing and presentations.
- Advise designers on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product development process.
- Collaborate with partners to understand the impact of user research on product strategy and measure effectiveness of product features.
- Modernize research by making studies and insights easily available across the organization.
- Collaborate with UX leadership to help define our user-research strategy and evolve our research process.
- Collaborate with designers to create student- and instructor- facing enterprise-level learning experiences for both desktop and mobile.
- Helping to shape the vision to transform UX Research for Macmillan Learning across the entire educational ecosystem.
- Leading end-to-end product design initiatives, from early problem discovery through solution design, prototyping, and testing.
- Support technical leads and developers by providing functional clarification and setting expectations with teammates and stakeholders.
- Represent UX on an interdisciplinary core-product team that includes UX designers, product owners, learning science, and software developers.
- Facilitate collaboration amongst core-product teams and stakeholders in order to gain alignment of product, business, and user goals that drive towards shared outcomes.
- Articulate conceptual explorations and rational, both verbally and visually.
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience.
- Identify opportunities for both incremental and blue-sky innovation.
- Assist in mentoring other researchers and research coordinators.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree (human-centered design, psychology, anthropology, sociology, or similar) preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience performing user research.
- Expertise in unmoderated and moderated studies, and knowledge of basic quantitative methodologies.
- Work samples demonstrating your abilities.