ComplYant is a startup committed to solving the business tax problem. Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
What you’ll do:
- Research Business License protocols per Municipality, per State
- Research and learn about numerous issues of federal and state tax law, regulations, and procedures
- Populates and creates relevant content to ComplYant’s website
- Analyze complex tax data, tax resources, and various State and County websites
- Simplify complex messaging, highlighting and summarizing key points from code of ordinances, documents and forms from individual clerk sites
- Communicate with various clerk’s offices to obtain clarity or missing details
- Review, scrub, and correct sub-standard work created on ComplYant’s website
- Create and refer to the appropriate script when communicates with Municipality, County, or State officials
- Analyze, review and determine the appropriate platform house complex information and advise on simplification methods, verbiage, and formatting for ComplYant specific site
- Researching and uploading forms for BPP into ComplYant
- Additional Adhoc projects as needed
- Be ready to take on new and exciting roles and responsibilities as they arise!
What you should have:
Your background likely includes:
- A passion for research and determination to find a resolute while being flexible and creative of thought when seeking solutions
- Tax experience, and familiarity with tax rules and issues
- Well versed in Tax procedures, tax functionality, Excel, Google Sheets and researching through State, DOR, County and individual Municipality websites
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to explain and translate complex information with concision, clarity and simplify for non-experts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to share your insights and best practices with your peers by discussing both common and complex tax issues to help ensure the accuracy and consistency of the team.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Communicates affectively with others and through various channels
- Demonstrates flexibility under pressure, and the ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to potentially competing priorities
- that you interview as yourself, not who you want us to believe that you are.
- that you actually understand what we are building and believe you can be an asset and not just someone looking for a paycheck.
- that you have amazing time management skills, we are not a babysitting service.
- that you value and respect others’ differences, we will dismiss you quickly if you do not.