We are dedicated to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
The Student Success Coach is responsible for supporting academic growth and success in virtual and hybrid students. The Student Success Coach works with an assigned caseload of students to pinpoint academic barriers to success and offer clear recommendations and relevant resources.
What you’ll do:
- Welcomes students to the success coaching program
- Serves as a source of solutions for tech-related needs, time management, self-management, study skills, etc.
- Works with assigned students to develop a plan to successfully complete each course, stay actively engaged in school, attain a minimum grade of C in each course
- Prepares & facilitates individualized coaching sessions with studentsConducts video conferences and phone calls to motivate students and review course progress
- Recognizes barriers to success and takes action to provide students with tools, strategies, and support.
- Works to understand and define student academic needs; provides information regarding needed resources
- Uses student-centered strategies to encourage sharing and open communication
- Follows up on previous conversations to provide personalized support
- Monitors student progress to determine frequency of individualized student communication
- Replies to all incoming emails, texts, and phone calls from students and parents within normal business hours
- Exhibits patience and empathy while personalizing student interaction
- Documents all communications in student information system
- Provides weekly reporting to manager
What you should have:
- High school diploma required, AA or BS/BA degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other online tools.
- Proficiency in Video Conferencing software (Zoom)
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Positive, high-energy attitude
- Passion for helping student success in their education