This position requires at least an education in taxes and some experience in tax preparation with at least the ability to sit for the CPA exam. Already having a CPA license is a big plus.
Are you wired to help others succeed and motivated to be the best you can be at work? Do you think analytically, not discouraged by multiple deadlines, and able to empathize with clients and able to understand their frustrations and needs?
Are you looking for a position in quickly growing CPA firm with opportunities for growth inside of the firm?
Awesome… Keep reading
What you’ll do:
Goals for the Tax Services Position:
- To further develop income tax preparation skills.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between business activity and personal income taxes.
- To improve communication skills between the tax staff and the client.
- To gain a better understanding of the pain points that our clients face and how we can address them.
- To become skilled enough to be able to prepare more complex tax returns and eventually move to the tax senior position.
Throughout the year:
- Assisting the tax team in delivering high-quality tax services.
- Deliver important tax documents to clients when requested.
During Tax Season:
- Gathering documents from the client in order to build tax files for tax season.
- Conducting a tax season organizer session with the client to assist with filling out the client’s personal tax organizer.
- Preparing individual tax returns during tax season.
- Preparing business tax returns during tax season.
Post Tax Season:
- Assist with updating the client’s tax planning document and submitting it to the tax manager for review.
- Preparing extended individual tax returns.
- Preparing extended business tax returns.
Mid-Year, 3rd Quarter, and 4th Quarter:
- Prepare tax projections.
What you should have:
- An understanding of tax preparation
- The willingness to improve your skills at tax preparation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to self-manage time
- Working in a remote, digital
- Working in a team environment
- Being customer service oriented and a great communicator
- Willingness to learn and improve