Team Manager – Work From Home
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver world class service to our customers.
Amazon Customer Service (CS) is looking for Virtual Customer Service (VCS) Team Manager based anywhere in South Africa to lead and support a team of approximately 20 Customer Service Associates whilst working from home.
The number one priority for this role is to support the associates who will directly report to you. In this role you will be responsible for the coaching, development, performance and engagement of your associates. The role expects your people to be your exclusive focus and you will be tasked with supporting you people and removing any barriers that prevent them from demonstrating the Amazon CS Contact Tenets on every contact.
The ideal Team Manager understands that supporting their people is the most critical role they perform, to achieve this they are open and approachable, engage with their people individually to understand how to most effectively coach and motivate them and invests time in developing their people to become legends! They build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to coach your people and celebrate their success. As a single threaded leader for your people you will take care of all elements of your associates satisfaction and engagement at work, including communication and management of their scheduling, ownership of their payroll and taking action on issues arising in your team Gemba. As a leader of customer facing associates, you will be expected to role model world class service and how to handle customer contact.
As a leader you will be an expert in articulating the Amazon mission and deeply understand the expectations of the Amazon CS Contact Tenets; you will ensure your people understand the important role they play in living the Contact Tenets and how their role supports the Amazon virtuous cycle.
Due to the virtual nature of the position Amazon requires candidates to meet the Amazon internet requirements which is to have a dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber line (LTE lines are not eligible for this role). Candidates should also have a suitable work from home environment or dedicated works space at home.
· Candidates must have completed a Matric/Grade12/NQF4 or equivalent or higher qualification/s
· Minimum of 2 Years experience in a leadership/coaching role
· You must have the ability to connect to dedicated 10mb or more Fiber internet.
· Ability to adapt and work diligently from a suitable and quiet home environment.
· Experience coaching or leading people
· Understanding of effective coaching techniques
· Ability to create and continually support people through individual development plans
· Strong listening and written skills
· Positive communicator who understands when necessary to have tough conversations
· Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approach-ability
· Confidence to interview and demonstrate understanding of performance and leadership performance bar and effectively apply to hiring decisions
· Role model contact handling skills
· Ability to review contacts to identify WOW moments and opportunities to support associates with coaching
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Being able to make decisions within a dynamic and ever changing environment
· Completes tasks on time to a high quality standard
· Takes action on issues and opportunities raised in team Gemba
· Helps associates understand the performance bar and supports them to reach it
· Drives team engagement and actions through Connections results and insights
No preferred qualifications listed at this time, refer to basic qualifications