Trail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products. We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries. We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business. When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open source. It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain quality and brand alignment across all platforms and content
- Play a role in creating, compiling and distributing of all blog posts, whitepapers, talk submissions, podcasts, publications, and marketing collateral to reflect Trail of Bits’ brand and drive consistency
- Edit and finalize 3 – 15 technical client-facing reports per week, ensuring grammatical issues are resolved and corporate style guidelines are applied
- Collaborate with consultant writers across the organization to improve technical writing skills
- Provide internal one-on-one technical writing coaching sessions and develop supplemental writing resources and other training material for consultants
- Keep a library of cybersecurity findings and research up to date, and leverage those resources when creating content
- Improve technical editing workflow capabilities through strategy, analytics, and tracking
- Assist with the training of other Technical Editors
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- At least 3+ years of technical copy editing experience
- Content strategy experience is a plus
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to pass a writing test
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple workstreams
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across diverse project teams
- Understanding of security threats and application security is a plus
- Experience with G Suite tools required