We’re looking for Technical Support Advisors to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com
Blackboard Student Success brings virtualized support and technology-enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Blackboard Student Success is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
In this role, you will not only be there to help customers with their account issues, but also provide them with exceptional service. Successful candidates should have experience working in a technical support role in a virtual contact center environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Being a people person who enjoys talking to and assisting others and taking pride in providing quality service
- Using your strong people skills to build a genuine connection with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrating empathy while maximizing opportunity to resolve product, service, and technical issues
- Navigating multiple applications and researching solutions with ease; troubleshooting medium to complex technical issues, while striving for one-call resolution
- Providing customer support through the following channels: phone calls, chats, email and web tickets
- Working in a structured environment for the duration of your allotted, full-time schedule taking high-volume calls from customers
- Documenting information into web-based ticketing system
- Projecting a favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals that enhance client relationships
- Computer/Internet savvy, comfortable operating in several applications simultaneously
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- We require 7 days/week availability. Schedules vary and will be discussed during the interview.
- Expertise in supporting Personal Computers/Windows10/ Microsoft Office products
- Strong record of achievement in terms of performance to goals/key success metrics
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A stable employment history, with a minimum of one year at your most recent employer
- Previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
- Relevant technical certifications
- Graduate of a computer science/technology degree program (Associates or higher)
- Candidates able to provide their own equipment are preferred but the ability to provide your own equipment is not considered a requirement for the position
- Highspeed Internet Connection (Cable, Fiber, DSL)
- 15 Mbps Download
- 5 Mbps Upload
- 100ms Ping or less
- Hardwired Connection
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.