ET TO KNOW ALORICAAt Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Responsible for receiving and processing incoming phone calls for assigned clients and program in accordance with corporate and department policies, procedures, quality standards and applicable laws and regulations.
The Helpdesk Agent’s role is to ensure proper desktops, portables, peripherals (i.e., printers and projectors) and software operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. You will:
- Field incoming requests from end users via telephone, e-mail or other established support channels
- Document all relevant information including name, organization, contact information, asset details, nature of issue, troubleshooting steps taken and resolution.
- Utilize knowledgebase, FAQs, peers’ and all other available resources to aid in incident resolution to resolve customers’ issues effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively engage the required resources to ensure the customer expectation is exceeded in a timely manner.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
- Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
- Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
- Provides support and assistance as needed
- May perform other client specific duties as necessary and required by program/account
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Customer service experience
- Phone related customer service
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
- May require client specific bilingual language requirement, as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One or more years of experience in an IT service desk and customer service environment
- Certifications (such as CompTIA A+) highly preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of diagnostic tools and techniques
- Strong documentation, written and oral communication skills
- Regular attendance is essential
- Constant work performed in a climate controlled, call-center environment
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Constant sedentary work. You’ll typically be sitting for most of the time, so be sure to get up and stretch once in a while. Your circulatory system will thank you.