This new role is responsible for contact tracing, contact monitoring or communicating lab results and will communicate via phone with individuals who have tested positive for an infectious disease or may have come into contact with a positive case. As a Contact Tracing Representative, you will assist with tracing the known contacts of a positive case and then subsequently communicate with known contacts to notify of potential exposure and connect the individual with public health information and services including testing. Contact tracing interviews/phone calls will consist of ascertaining cases and contacts’ symptoms and risk, gathering further information on exposure, providing guidance on minimizing their risk of potential transmission, explaining the contacts’ quarantine responsibility and the details and processes for contact monitoring. These efforts will lead to more targeted testing, improved communication with individuals in the community, a more successful implementation of quarantine, and ultimately, better health. The duration of this temporary role will be 3-9 months, depending on business need.
Please note: Applicants considered must be residents of the state of Tennessee; If located outside of Tennessee, will consider only individuals with work experience or education in public health.
Training Schedule: Monday – Friday – 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. CST
Schedule after training: PART-TIME: FRI – SUN –9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. CST
Schedule flexibility offered for English/Spanish applicants or applicants with work experience and/or education in public health.
- Experience in servicing customers with professionalism, diplomacy and consideration for the customer’s requests or concern
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with customer’s concerns/questions
- Ability to think critically
- Fast learner with the ability to maintain an in-depth understanding of the training curriculum
- Ability and interest in understanding Contact Tracing services in-depth
- Ability to relay and capture information accurately
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Applicants considered must reside in the state of Tennessee; or if outside of Tennessee, must have work experience or education in public health
- Proficient typing and data entry skills
- Excellent PC and internet navigation skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Advanced degree in public health or currently pursuing education in public health
- Work experience in public health
- Prior experience in a high-volume call center preferred