The Transaction Assistant will provide support to borrowers and the mortgage operations team which will include communication and coordination with borrower and vendor facing role to assist the Transaction Coordinator in ordering and collecting third party documentation necessary for the mortgage loan process. Duties include document ordering, collection, verification, analysis, and the corresponding data entry into the system of record. Third party documentation includes but it not limited to appraisals, title work, payoff statements, homeowners insurance, flood certifications and insurance, homeowners association documentation, verbal and written verification of employments, etc. The duties of the Transaction Assistant this include heavy interaction and a high level of customer service and communication with vendors, internal customers, and external customers along with providing status updates and escalating issues to ensure the needs of our borrowers and internal customers are met.
What You Will Do:
- Represent the organization well by providing exceptional customer service and effective communication skills, both in writing and orally to both internal and external customers and organizations
- Effectively and professionally communicate with borrowers (both orally and in writing) regarding document needs that will assist in ordering and retrieving third party documentation
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly internally specified requirements surrounding successful ordering, retrieval, document review, and system updates are made in timely and accurate fashion
- Evaluate underwriting requirements for each document and ensure document meets specifications
- Single point of contact for all third party document ordering, fulfillment and criteria evaluation
- Scan, parce, and/or upload documents into the loan through the Loan Origination System (Octane)
- Work as a team with sales, transaction coordinators, underwriting, closing, funding, and management to ensure assigned loans are being processed with timeliness, attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of corporate policies, agency, and all state and federal laws
- Meet deadlines and quality standards
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities
- Develop effective professional partnerships with all colleagues
- Communicate status updates to all internal and external parties as needed including immediate escalations regarding concerns surrounding third party loan documentation delays or concerns to internal loan team
What You Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of Mortgage experience required
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Exceptional computer skills
- Demonstrate responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning; must be a fast paced individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and comprehend training
- Ability to work closely within a team structure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Encompass software system a plus
- Exceptional customer service and effective communication
- Familiarity with mortgage process and mortgage documents
- Learn and comprehend proprietary software Octane
- Constant phone interaction required
- Extended and weekend work hours may be required
- Must abide by the Company standards for email and telephone etiquette.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- Great compensation package.
- Opportunity for career growth
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Octane, our engineered proprietary technology that is transforming the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Great benefits package and 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Beginning the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.