What the company has to say:
Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a Roadside Assistance Agent! This is a seasonal/temporary position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
Roadside Assistance Agent’s take back-to-back calls from customers who are needing immediate assistance. Agents handle incoming calls and initiate outbound calls to customers and roadside assistance service providers. U-Haul Roadside Assistance works hard to ensure our customer’s safety and experience is handled with professionalism, care and support. At times, unexpected hurdles arise that warrant our Roadside Assistance team to step in and guide our customer back en route to their destination.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
What is the Seasonal Position?
- Temporary, summer job. Summer is our busiest time helping customers!
- Position available now with an end date no later than Sunday, September 6, 2020.
- We can be flexible with the end date but must be able to work at least 8 weeks.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Be available to work up to 40 hours per week, overtime may be available.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Five-day work week – one day off during the week and one day off on the weekend.
- Be available to work between 8 am-6 pm (all in Arizona time).
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Have a web cam for use interacting with your manager. Not for use with customers.
- Have minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at http://uhaul.speedtestcustom.com/.
- Be sure to click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Windows or Mac OS allowed;
- If Windows then Windows 10 is required.
- If Mac then High Sierra or newer is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
- Minimum processor requirement for Mac: Core i5 processor or greater.
- To find processor name – open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report.
- Windows OS Users should have the following installed:
- Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer). Important: If new install uncheck the option to install McAfee anti-virus.
- Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer is preferred).
- Mac OS Users should have the following installed:
- MacOS Preview (should be pre-installed on Mac OS).
- Web browsers: Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome (Chrome is preferred).
- Once hired install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software.
- Use of a Wi-Fi is permitted if it meets all security-related criteria. If security requirements are not met and/or Wi-Fi is determined to cause tech difficulty a hard-wired connection will be required.
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Windows: XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems.
- Mac: Sierra or older operating systems.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the team member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided antivirus.