The Verification Specialist provides administrative support services to our Non-Criminal Verifications Unit and is located in our Bolingbrook, IL office. This job function is repetitive in nature and relies on sending outbound communications in order to obtain verification on all non-criminal related background elements. Elemental data consists of employment history, professional licensures, educational degrees, DOT compliance and rental history.
This position is highly detail oriented and requires proficient time management. There is daily interaction with private and public employers, licensing agencies, educational institutions, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Good judgment is required to prioritize and organize the workload. A key role in this position will be to work as part of the team, while accurately and efficiently processing incoming verification requests.
??????? Role is contigent to start.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and operate under specific client Standards of Operations (SOPs) to complete each verification element.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources in order to verify a specific element. This may require contacting applicants and/or clients to request additional information in order to verify an element.
- Research and verify contact information listed within an element to ensure validity of these sources.
- Communicate and respond with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged by telephone, by email, letter or fax.
- Document all elemental interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Refer discrepancies or unverified information to designated departments for further investigation.
- Meet and maintain departmental performance goals of daily number of touches and number of completed verifications.
Required- Minimum of 1 year of call center experience or a related role with solid history of verifying facts/data
Preferred- Demonstrated ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of accuracy
High School Diploma or GED
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Self starter; proactive in solving problems, self-motivated to achieve individual and organizational goals
- Adaptable/flexible; able to manage competing demands and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, accept and handle regular interruptions, and manage/meet departmental performance goals
- Strong teamwork and collaboration
This role is largely a sedentary in nature and involves sitting for long periods of time. The role requires the ability to hear and talk as well as to see data and adjust visual focus for computer and paper tasks, read, type, lift and/or carry equipment and files up to 20 pounds, walk, bend or stand as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, calculators, filing cabinets and fax machines.