Customer Engagement Network
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
American Express is one of the most respected (employer) brands around the world. Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards across the globe. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.Global Servicing Network:
Where developing relationships is the key to our success.
Our mission is to give our Card Members and Merchants a level of service that goes above and beyond their expectations every day. We support you professionally and personally, and we have your back to help you thrive.
Given the importance placed upon delivering extraordinary customer care at American Express, we see it as essential to attract and develop talented people by:
- Offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and teamwork
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver extraordinary service on inbound calls in a fast-paced, structured customer care environment by following our Customer First philosophy
- Consult with card members to understand their needs and tailor unique solutions for each customer, reinforcing the benefits of card membership, providing relevant product offers that deepen customer engagement and result in measurable value for our card members
- Continuously improve on key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections and closing sales
- Address general and account-specific customer inquiries; provide clear and concise information and updating customer account information, as needed
- Use tools and resources to identify custom solutions and anticipate customer needs, in our commitment to maintain a first point of contact resolution
- Meet and exceed performance goals that include, but are not limited to, customer survey results, sales rates, quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
Are you ready for the challenge? Minimum Requirements:
- Proven success in a customer service and consultative sales environment (two years+), with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and strong written and verbal communication
- Integrity to manage sensitive card member information and adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance guidelines related to servicing and sales practices
- Passion for consultative sales, recommending products or solutions tailored to each customer
- Resilience needed to efficiently manage a steady stream of customer calls, while balancing performance to meet a variety of metrics, effectively manage through change, and remain positive in difficult situations
- Ability to adapt communication style to a wide variety of personalities and situations
- Commitment to implementing feedback as a means to achieving individual and team performance goals
- Technical savvy to multi-task and navigate through multiple Windows-based applications with speed and accuracy
- Timeliness and reliability, as it is imperative you are at work on time and adhere to your schedule each day
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate a phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- American Express will provide BYOI participants a monthly allowance to help offset costs of phone and internet services. In addition, you would receive an additional one time allowance to offset installation fees.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted).
- Dedicated analog landline phone (no VOIP) is required. Phone modem (vs. a wall jack) preferred where available.
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- We currently hire in all states with the exception of California and Alaska. If you live within 35 miles of our Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise FL Service Centers, you may be required to work in the Service Center.
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
- Residence in one of 47 states where we currently hire (excluding Hawaii, Alaska and California).
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment (may include night and weekend shifts)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred; education benefits available
- This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), please review our Careers site for positions located at one of these centers. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time
- Workplace Flexibility: Full time. Shift flexibility requirements
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records