Here’s what they have to ay about the job:
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their reward redemption needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Role & Responsibilities:
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver world-class customer service, while responding to Customer inquiries and concerns with their Membership Rewards and card accounts via inbound calls.
- Build meaningful relationships with our Customers through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution and negotiating a positive outcome for the Customer and American Express
- Enhance our customers’ experience by identifying opportunities to offer products based on our Cardmembers’ needs
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate computer systems and applications to service our Customers, and enable them to get the most from our online and mobile platforms
- Document necessary information, such as payment details, Customers change of details, change of address and travel notifications
- Re-prioritize and adapt to an ever-changing environment
Unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering outstanding service in every interaction with our Customers
- The ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as well as multitask, using multiple systems and digital tools to service our Customers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills
- Assertiveness to handle difficult conversations
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and resourcefulness skills
- Critical, analytical and forward thinking with problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Confidence to work in a virtual environment
- Timeliness and reliability, as it is imperative you are at work on time and adhere to your schedule each day
Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet with at least 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated Internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area. In the event there is no American Express-approved provider in your area, but there is a provider that can offers the appropriate cable or DSL connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the costs of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
- Residence in one of the states where we currently hire : Utah, Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Illinois or Missouri (excluding Alaska, California)
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment (may include night and weekend shifts)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred; education benefits available
- Location:Virtual office location –. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), please review our Careers site for positions located at one of these centers. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time
- Workplace Flexibility:Full time. Shift flexibility requirements
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations