In these times, we’re doing our part to keep people connected safely. We’ve introduced stringent cleaning protocols for our technicians servicing customers’ homes, offered free television for everyone, and loaned our stockpile of spectrum to companies so they could keep people working online. For us in customer service, we’re keeping up with the changing times by hiring new employees for remote work, helping us drive our mission forward from the safety of their homes. We’re still hiring — so that we can still offer the best service in the business.
Our customer experience representatives are #1 in the business, It’s why we’ve earned the J.D. Power accolade of being #1 in Overall Customer Service four years in a row, and #1 in overall Customer Satisfaction two years in a row.
- This is a Full Time, Work-From-Home position #remote
- You will be a resource for billing, programming and troubleshooting technical issues
- Communicate the value of our products and share ways for customers to get the most from DISH
- Transform into the best customer support advocate in the business, engaging with a diverse consumer base to provide solutions for customer needs and technical issues
- Establish long-term customer relationships
What’s in it for you?
- Starting wage varies by state
- 5% raise upon completing training
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) Investments
- Company-matched funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary DISH programming
- Highly-discounted Sling subscription
- Opportunity is our greatest benefit
- Our representatives are built to work hard and rise. We offer defined career ladders and extensive opportunity for upward mobility.
Where you’ll be doing it
You’ll be working from home! At DISH, we understand the modern employee may need to operate fast on their feet and out of the office. Working from home allows you to perform a professional work day from the comfort of your home.
Ideal representatives have
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience;
- Six months of related customer service and troubleshooting experience and/or training;
- Coachable and open to learning new techniques.
All representatives must have
- Superb attendance
- Flexibility to work hours that mirror our customers’ needs
- Tech savviness with ability to smoothly operate Windows OS desktop computer
- Ability to multi-task; speaking with customers while logging information and navigating multiple programs
- Bandwidth to take back-to-back phone calls from customers and assist with a variety of services
As a Work-at-Home (WAH) employee, you will have additional responsibilities concerning your home environment and the requirements regarding the capabilities of your computer and mobile device.
- Desktop or laptop with Microsoft Windows (at this time, we cannot support Apple/Mac, iOS, Chromebook, Android, and custom-built PCs)
- Less than 7 years old
- Intel or AMD 64-bit processor
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- USB port dedicated for flash drive use
- All accessories must be wired without use of adapters, docks or dongles
- Two display monitors, one must be at least 19”, the other at least 13”
- Web camera
- Noise-canceling USB headset that is not Bluetooth (Jabra BIZ 1500 or Sennheiser SC60 recommended)
- Keyboard and mouse
- Cable, DSL, or Fiber ISP – satellite and fixed wireless are not supported
- Stable internet connection with no packet loss
- Wired ethernet between modem and PC without use of an adapter: Wi-Fi / wireless is not supported
- Minimum internet speeds: 7 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload
- DISH prefers that At Home agents do not have bandwidth or data caps on Internet usage (caps lower than 250GB are not recommended)
- 99% uptime
- Capable of placing and receiving calls and SMS messages
- Access to video camera
- Access to either Google Play or Apple Store
Home Environment and Work Space
- Dedicated home office workspace, preferably a separate room with its own door
- Agents are responsible for maintaining the workspace in a safe condition
- Personal disruptions are not allowed during scheduled hours and should not be audible in background noise. This includes but not limited to:
- Children playing
- Dogs barking
- Loud music
- Non-work-related phone calls
- Family members/roommates
- You are scheduled on the phone throughout the entirety of your shift. It’s important to understand this job does not allow flexibility to answer the door or be on-call care for others during work hours
All costs to meet and maintain these requirements, including repairs, Internet/ISP and mobile charges, are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by DISH, except where required by law.