What they have to say about this job:
Sales Associate – ST11AN
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
Are you looking for a career where you can apply your talents to meaningful work? Would you like to work for a company whose core mission is to help individuals and businesses succeed?
Well, then you’ve found the right fit.
As a member of the Personal Lines Sales organization, you will provide insurance recommendations, quotes, and issue policies to Individual consumers seeking automobile, homeowners and personal umbrella coverages across the United States. The business includes AARP Automobile and Homeowners Insurance Program serving more than 37 million members since 1984.
With a detailed roadmap for learning opportunities, and managers who are trained to coach and guide toward career development, you’ll be equipped with the right tools to build a long-lasting and evolving professional career . Through a dynamic work environment that encourages collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking, you’ll find plenty of unique opportunities for personal achievement.
In this role you will:
- Provide insurance recommendations, quotes, and issue policies to individuals
- Utilize active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need, and then leverage knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions
- Be provided with approximately 12 weeks (may vary) of paid training,including preparation and sponsorship for your Property & Casualty Personal Lines insurance exam
- Use a consultative approach to determine customer needs, build rapport and recommended solutions based on current products and service offerings that meet those needs
Start Date: July 27th, 2020
Training Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm EST
Post Training Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm EST and every other Saturday from 9:30am – 6:00pm EST. You will receive a Wednesday day off when you work your Saturday rotation.
This position is 100% remote from home.
- Competitive monthly sales incentive plan
- 5% shift differential for working weekends and off hours
- Opportunity for 5% salary differential for Spanish-English bilingual skills
Internet: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
- Property & Casualty License preferred
- Demonstrated background in sales, customer service, insurance, call center, retail or a related field preferred
- Resiliency and tenacity is a must! As well as a compelling sales aptitude and exceptional negotiation skills
- Individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma, college degree or equivalent work experience
- Required to reside in any of the following States: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, or Texas
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we’re committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own.
- Benefits start day one of Training – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Wealth Benefits to help you reach your financial goals – 401k, Employee Stock Purchase, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous paid time off program and paid volunteerism
- Tuition Reimbursement, loan repayment program, company discounts, and employee recognition programs
- Well-being programs including free nutrition counseling, weight management programs, sleep improvement program, fitness centers reimbursement, activity challenges, and much more
- Medical advocacy program to help employees receive the best care from highest quality providers