Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The primary objective for this work from home seasonal position is to provide access and registration support to Cengage customers who are utilizing digital solutions. Due to the seasonal nature of this position, work is needed during the “rush” months of January and February. During this timeframe, the weekly work schedule will be Monday to Friday, 10:00am ET to 6:00pm ET.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Provide inbound, live support for customers using Cengage digital solutions.
- Utilize administrative tools and documentation to assist in the analysis of access and registration issues reported by customers.
- Identify issues with digital solutions and provide resolution. Also identify issues which require expert assistance and escalate them appropriately.
- Fully and accurately detail customer interactions using a ticketing system.
- When written communication to a customer is required, provide clear and accurate directions.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Are a high school graduate at minimum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Have a proven understanding of Microsoft operating systems and Office suites.
- Have a proven understanding of popular internet browsers.
- Are proficient in keyboarding.
- A dedicated workspace free of noise and distractions.
- A cable or fiber optics broadband internet connection. A hard-wired Ethernet connection to the access point is preferred.
- Proven understanding of Apple operating systems is highly preferred.
- Customer support/service experience.
- Call center experience.
- Salesforce experience.
- Dual monitors.
- Punctuality and ability to maintain a record of outstanding attendance.
- Able to balance multiple issues at one time.
- Ability to convey empathy when interacting with customers.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguous situations.